Ascending South America river expedition 2018
Bring the jungle into your classroom. live.
During the course of the expedition, we will travel through four countries: Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil. Our team will navigate 6500 km from the Delta of the Paraná River in Argentina, Buenos Aires to the Amazon River City of Manaus on three 13’ inflatable boats with outboard engines, and document the state of South American rivers in 2018 and the impact of climate change, problems of environmental degradation and illustrate the consequences of local population. We envisage the duration of the expedition to be 75 days, this being September, October and part of November 2018, and are open to splitting this into two parts of 35 day or four parts of 17 day, according to the needs and expectations of the participants or students.
This trip unites experts on every terrain. Filmmakers, producers, hosts and adventurers come together on this epic journey. Our idea is to bring travel journalism to a whole new level and find possibilities that are yet undiscovered. Breath taking documentaries on linear television are just the beginning.
Our main goal is to create output that lets the user have an influence on what’s happening on set. State of the art satellite communication will enable the viewer to follow the trip live on social media and landing pages. Furthermore it will make live QAs possible. Just imagine a Facebook Live feed from the middle of the jungle. This is more than entertainment – it will serve educational purposes too. Therefore we aim to collaborate with schools, universities and other educational facilities around the globe. We want to bring the jungle into the classroom. Live.
We will produce live, interactive, river Expedition-based, learning adventures to excite and engage students in learning science, geography, math, and history, and all in a real world context. For Ascend of South America, River Expedition.
Join us for this once in a lifetime journey!
It is a non-profit and low budget Expedition -sharing cost for each Section; 2500.-Euro per person.
Reserve your space with a down payment per Section, of 1500.-Euro, space is limited.
- we are sleeping in tents
- boats ABI 430 and engines 40Hp Yamaha
- transport of equipment and boats, Importation, etc.
- petrol and 2 stroke oil
- security equipment
- land transportation
- complete Expedition arrangement
- permits & camping fees during the expedition
- camping/cooking equipment
- transport for camping/rafting equipment & staff
- portage if needed
- all guide fee/sanctuary fee/royalty/permits as per the itinerary
- expedition team with world-class equipment & Professional River runners
- meeting & assistance services of helpers & representatives at all place
- all applicable Government taxes as on date
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- hotels and guest houses
- any expenses of personal nature such as laundry, drinks, telephone calls, food in hotels or restaurants, etc.
- international airfare to/from South America & airport taxes
- domestic airfare within South America
- any accommodation in pick up or drop of places
- last night accommodation in Manaus
- costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions or any other circumstances, what is beyond our control
- any insurance coverage
We are a team and will do any change of plans or decisions together.. .
Do not forget, it is an expedition, things can go wrong. No guarantee for success.
Everybody on board has to sign a WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM.
Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
In case of any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel rise, we reserve the right to adjust the Expedition price accordingly. The due increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly.
Help is more than welcome. If you have possibilities or contacts with participants, media, sponsors, or NGO, please contact me.
Please confirm your commitment for this unique trip with your reservation. If you have any questions or ideas contact me.
For more information download here:
See for example The End of the World RIB Expedition in 2016, also with Andy Leemann: